- BC Games
Suspicious incident at Queensborough school
New Westminster police are investigating a suspicious incident just after school was let out at Queen Elizabeth elementary in Queensborough Thursday afternoon.
A boy and a girl reported to school staff that just after 3 p.m. a woman stopped her vehicle near them as they stood on the sidewalk and said to them, "Come on, get it." The children turned and walked back into the school.
The make and model of the vehicle isn't known, but it was dark blue with black or reddish door handles, grey seats and something that looked like an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. A grey blanket with tassels was also seen in the backseat. The vehicle was last seen headed west on Salter Street.
Anyone with any information on this incident is asked to contact Det. Mike MacFarlane at 604-525-5411.
The police also issued safety tips for parents to discuss with their children:
• A stranger is someone you don't know
• Don't tell your name or address to a stranger
• Never take money or candy from a stranger
• Don't get in to a car with a stranger
• Never help a stranger look for a lost pet or play games
• Walk to and from school with friends
• Don't take shortcuts through woods
• If something unusual happens tell a trusted adult
• If a stranger follows you or tries to grab you, yell 'I don't know you' and run away
• Don't open your door to a stranger and never tell anyone on the phone or at the door that you are home alone